Executive Chef Michael Adams is back again this holiday season sharing one of his most popular holiday dessert recipes.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees F).
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, corn syrup, and butter or margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until butter or margarine melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt. Mix well. Slowly pour sugar mixture into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until set and golden. May be served warm or chilled.