This month, our Executive Chef, Kevin Doubleday, is sharing one of his favorite traditional holiday dishes from his family’s kitchen.
Here at Inn on Boltwood and 30Boltwood, we are big on traditions, especially around the holidays. It’s a time to gather with your loved ones and reflect on the previous year, share your plans for the upcoming year, and relish in the comforts of all things familiar – especially food. Every holiday, or special occasion for that matter, my Nana always made her famous Broccoli Cheddar Casserole. One of my favorites as a kid (and now my kids!), this dish is truly a classic that will appeal to everyone around your table.
From my family’s kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we will this holiday season.
Nana’s Broccoli Cheddar Casserole
- 2 pounds Broccoli (cut into small florets), lightly blanched; frozen works as well
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 12 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 stick of Butter
- 2 cups of Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Combine broccoli, cheddar cheese, soup, and eggs. Mix well and evenly put into a 9×9 lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake covered at 350 F for 40 minutes.
- While the casserole is in the oven, melt the butter and add the breadcrumbs until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Once the casserole has been in the oven for 40 minutes, remove and increase the oven temperature to 400 F. Top the dish with the breadcrumbs and return to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.