This month, guests are raving about the cozy ambiance of our elegant Library as they sip Holiday Tea.
Here at the Inn, our Holiday High Tea is an impressive three-tiered tray filled with house-made baked goods, scrumptious tea sandwiches, and assorted mini-desserts. Of course, there are a plethora of loose teas from which to choose. As a unique element to our offering, our team has collected a variety of darling vintage teacups that add an authentic touch of history to this Holiday Tradition!
The tradition of High Tea started in England in the late 18th century amongst the aristocracy. Eventually, the tradition became commonplace in lower classes and with variations on the “mid-day meal.”
Regardless of how seriously you take your tea today, there are many “dos” and “don’ts” that are fun and cheeky to remember! Here are some of our favorites.
- Don’t’ be shy, do try a little bit of each food item offered served in the tea service.
- When dressing a scone, spread with cream first, then jam.
- Try to look into your teacup – not over it – when sipping your tea.
- Don’t use milk and lemon together in your tea to avoid curdling.
- Never place lemon into your teacup before pouring tea. Regardless of what you are adding, the tea is always poured first.
- Be sure to place your spoon on the saucer, not in the teacup.
We sincerely hope you join us this Holiday Season to enjoy tea-time with us!
Our Holiday Tea is served every Saturday through January 11th, from 1 pm to 4 pm. Reservations are required.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Inn on Boltwood!